How to Deal With Work When You Manage Multiple Projects?
Our grandparents used to have one job throughout their entire lives. Karsten Strauss describes that in the reality of our times, being flexible while planning your work during remote work is very important for Americans as well as for the rest of the world. In his article in Forbes, the author indicates that some of the professions in which the flexibility of work organization is an expected value include programmers, analysts or cybercrime security staff.
That’s why more and more freelancers decide to work for multiple clients or companies and run many projects at the same time. The simplicity of our grandparents’ communication, without access to advanced communication technology, quickly turned into an information noise. Every day employees working in front of computers have to face it when working on multiple projects.
Spencer Coon in his article recommends a few methods worth to use in order to meet the challenge of managing multiple projects and tasks at the same time:
- Use outsourcing whenever you can – since it has been noticed that employees are more productive when given more autonomy, the trust has become more relevant. That’s what outsourcing is about. It’s about handing over the responsibility for the project to the external employee, a person who doesn’t work for you on a daily basis.
- Hire employees with various skills – project managers should think about their duties as if they were the CEOs of startups. They need to keep work flexibility and be focused on the goal they’re trying to achieve, not on the method they will achieve it with.
- Centralize communication – managers don’t have time to switch between fifteen different apps just to define tasks and work for particular teams. They need centralized space for communication and strictly defined rules of collaboration.
- Monitor work on a daily basis – if you manage multiple projects, you can easily get lost in daily duties and tasks. That’s why it’s crucial to create your daily work habits which you will perform despite all the problems that surround you.
Use The Right Tools!
The market offers many applications and software created for those who work on multiple projects with multiple clients. They enhance work and collaboration. Below, you will find a list of tools which will help in managing yours and others’ work.
It’s a perfect product for teams dealing with many tasks. It allows managing tasks and projects with the advanced chat feature. This app is somewhat the combination of Slack and Trello in one place. HeySpace solves various problems because it provides many possibilities:
- Standardized work with all teams – focusing work on communication projects with all teams in one application.
- Communication with outsourcing companies – thanks to the feature of separate Workspaces you have the possibility to create task communicator for outside companies. This way, you can easily hold conversations and define tasks.
- The reference to popular Trello, task and project management software, gives you the benefits of using such tool, including the fact that in your work you can use Kanban method.
- Your employees can participate in multiple projects at the same time, including inner projects as well as those carried out with outside companies.
- Focusing work on just one dashboard – it’s possible to finish all your work in one tool!
Make communication and collaboration easier! Sign up today for FREE!
TimeCamp is a tool for monitoring your and your employee’s work. Including people who work remotely. Thanks to its functionality and ease of use, the software allows for working time optimization and boosting employees’ efficiency. It also enhances resource management and their allocation. When you decide to implement TimeCamp in your company, you gain many benefits:
- The desktop app for all platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux), extensions and mobile app for iOS and Android. All that to help users track their activity no matter where they are.
- The highest quality at the best price.
- Automatic time tracking which allows you to easily switch between tasks.
- The possibility to set a limit for each task so that you can effectively monitor your team’s work.
- Accurate customer billing thanks to ability to monitor projects budget.
- Entering time to invoices based on estimated hourly rates.
- Integrations with various tools which help in managing projects and accounting such as Asana, Podio, Trello, Basecamp 3, Xero, QuickBooks, and many, many more.
Take your company to another level! Sign up today and boost your team’s productivity with TimeCamp!
Google Calendar is one of the most popular tools used for planning. It’s perfect in every situation due to its ease of accessibility. You can use it no matter where you are – on vacation, a business trip or in the office.
Google Calendar is very easy-to-use and its simplicity allows you to effectively plan time and allocate hours based on your availability during particular work week. Additionally, the app sends you notifications and reminders before an important meeting. Just so you don’t forget about your daily tasks and commitments.
Moreover, most of the applications and software available on the market integrate with Google Calendar. That extremely enhances work between different tools.