Alternatives to Slack
While Slack still becomes one of the most popular software for communication, more and more teams opt for other team communication app to replace Slack with. People are looking for more convenient solutions. Many organizations need a strongly unified system for collaboration and communication and sometimes Slack is not enough.
Free team communication apps are perfect for small business, startups or entrepreneurs working with several clients or teams. Even though they may not be the full-featured versions of the software, they still have a lot to offer.
Using free team communication apps is a good solution if you want to try out the available tools and find out whether they meet your expectations. Or you might simply not need the full versions of the software.
If you’re looking for the best free team communication app to replace Slack, we’ve got you covered. Here are 8 software which can help your team be more productive and communicate better, faster, and easier.
HeySpace is a combination of Slack and Trello but with more advanced features. Not only does it helps in managing projects and team but also improves communication and processes taking place in an organization. HeySpace features make it a great alternative to Slack:
- Thanks to its design you can see three boards in one place – your team and spaces (different channels), chat, list of cards with tasks.
- You can easily convert part of your conversation into a task.
- The board with tasks allows you to see all projects in one place.
- Every task can be adjusted – you can set due date, assign people to it, add tags, description, attach files, add lists, comment on it. All to keep you updated on task progress.
- The feature of workspaces allows you to create many spaces, if, for example, you work for various organizations or have different clients.
- Pleasant and intuitive interface.
HeySpace gives you space to freely and smoothly collaborate with your teams and clients and. No more switching between apps and tabs. You have everything in one place!
FREE for small teams getting started
PREMIUM for midsize teams and companies – $5 per user/month
Watch the video to see how HeySpace works
Bitrix24 is a good free team communication app to replace Slack because it is an extensive software with a broad list of features:
- Group chat, private chat, public chat, audio and video calls, screen sharing.
- Extranet access for clients.
- Available as a mobile version for iOS and Android.
- Time tracking, quotes and invoices, Gantt, shared calendars, task templates, checklists, dependencies, subtasks, custom fields.
- Access to workflow.
- FREE for 12 users
- PLUS for 24 users – $39
- STANDARD for 50 users – $99
- PROFESSIONAL for unlimited number of users – $199
Another alternative to Slack is Microsoft Teams. In this software, you can communicate with people in various ways. Additionally, Microsoft Teams offers more extensive features than Slack. Not only can you communicate but also collaborate on multiple levels. Main features include:
- Audio conferencing with the features of screen sharing, meeting recording,
- Live broadcast,
- Access to apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, and Power BI,
- Workplaces can be customized according to your business needs or clients’ expectations,
- Integrated apps and services,
- You can connect the software across devices.
And the Office 365 tools allow you to make the teamwork easier, more efficient not only by their full use but also because it’s easily accessible. You can safely connect across devices.
- Microsoft Teams free – no charge
- Office 365 Business Premium –$12.50 user/month
Office 365 Enterprise E3 – $20.00 user/month
Rocket.Chat allows your team to eliminate email conversations with long back-and-forth threads. With the software, you can create a space for your team where they can discuss, exchange ideas, and store files to avoid chaos. Rocket.Chat is an open source chat with many useful features:
- Public and private channels
- Push notifications
- You can easily access to the source code to fully customize, extend or add new functionality
- Real-time translation of your conversations
- Unlimited integrations
- Desktop and mobile app
- Personalization by using the built-in styles for more convenient work
- Community – free
- Pro – $3 per user/month, $30 per user/annually
- Enterprise – tiered pricing
This tool is great for people who work remotely or travel on a regular basis. But not only. It can be used in any office by any type of employee. Hibox is a combination several tools so it’s a good alternative of a communication app to replace Slack with:
- It’s a chat, video tool, and task management software
- You can create streams for different teams and create tasks for employees who are part of the stream
- You can manage conversations, files, and track tasks organized by project while you have multiple projects running at once
- Similarly to HeySpace, Hibox’s tasks can be personalized by adding files, setting deadlines, or even by using the assistance of personal AI.
- Available as a mobile app and integrates with various tools and apps.
- PRO – $4 /month per user
- ENTERPRISE – $8 /month per user
Troop Messanger makes it possible to collaborate better within organization. You can use it to streamline work as it gives you the possibility to supervise your team’s collaboration. It has all the necessary feature for a team communication app to replace Slack:
- Flag Messages
- Analytics – dashboard for Admin – for easy supervision and access individuals and team collaboration
- Audio call
- Audio messaging with possibility to search the messaging history
- Video calling with screen sharing
- Unlimited groups
- FREE – 0-50 users, free
- PREMIUM – 1-100 users $1/month
- ENTERPRISE – unlimited users, $5 per user/month
JANDI is a team communication app to replace Slack suitable for any industry. You can keep your team on track with the tasks within the app and manage inside communication from one level:
- Built-in tools for project management
- Message status
- Everything on JANDI is automatically archived and searchable.Available for web, windows, Mac, iOS, and Android and synchronizes across devices
- Integrates with outside apps
- PREMIUM – $5 per month/member
- ENTERPRISE – $9 per month/member
Asana is more than just app to communicate. It’s a software which you can use as a project management software. And thanks to its functionality, you also can use it as a team communication app to replace Slack with:
- In Asana, every employee has their own workspace with tasks assigned to them
- Every task can be a part of a larger project with the deadline set and its own priority level
- The task can also be divided into subtasks.
- Built-in calendars and communication channels
- Kanban view
- Chat for team to communicate and exchange messages about the progress of the task.
- Free with basic features,
- Premium – $9.99 with more extensive features,
- Enterprise – custom price.